ERP for start-ups may seem like a bit of an oxymoron. The nature of ERP is to connect several departments in a unified information system. This allows you to leverage crucial data to make informed decisions that drive the success of your business. When most people hear those three little letters, they tend to think large scale enterprise, multi-national conglomerate, or global entities. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Small And Medium-Sized Businesses Include Start-Ups
The modern enterprise isn’t a fortune 500 company. It isn’t even a fortune 5,000 company.
In the US There are roughly 17 million businesses with fewer than 500 employees. This number represents 99.7% of all US businesses and almost half of total private sector employment.
With that in mind, it would make sense the market for ERP that speaks to the small and medium sized enterprise is ripe for development. In the last 40 years it has done just that with tremendous effect.
Among businesses surveyed in a 2017 Deloitte report commissioned by Google, the top 20% of the most digitally advanced companies:
- Earned 2 times as much revenue per employee
- Experienced revenue growth over the previous year that was nearly 4 times as high
- Were almost 3 times as likely to be creating jobs over the previous year
- Had an average employment growth rate that was more than 6 times as high
- Were also 3 times as likely to have exported over the previous year
Those stats can’t be ignored. However, what were the digital advancements these successful companies used to gain their edge in the market? Here’s how the levels of digital transformation of business is represented among those surveyed:
- Basic – An email address
- Intermediate – Website, basic marketing tools, online directories, and third-party marketplaces
- High – Advanced website, mobile or e-commerce capability, engagement on multiple social media platforms, online marketing channels
- Advanced – Advanced data analytics and applications for business management and customer interactions
It’s clear a business using advanced digital tools to help their business will perform better than those businesses using only basic or intermediate tools. But what does advanced really mean?
In this case, advanced digital tools includes:
- Data analytics used to examine characteristics of customers, to inform business decisions such as online marketing strategies or products offered.
- The ability for customers to make bookings and purchases through online channels, such as enabling payments through the business’ website or use of third-party e-commerce platforms.
- Digital technologies and tools utilized internally in order to improve business processes or worker productivity (e.g. cloud-based software, video conferencing, corporate social networks).
Epicor ERP For Start-Ups Facilitate Sales Excellence
Let’s start with the first benefit of ERP for start-ups. It’s no secret that sales are top of mind of a start-up.
Whether you are in it for the long-haul or just long enough for get an offer, proving viability through sales is key in attracting investors and securing longevity.
Epicor ERP CRM and Sales Management tools drive intelligent marketing and provide insightful data about what products are and are not moving. Add to this the ability to collaborate with internal teams as well as customers externally through one unified system and you have a recipe for success.
With Epcior Sales Management tools Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your sales team. By giving your sales teams the ability to manage their opportunities and automating administrative tasks, you free up their time to focus on building lasting, profitable relationships. It also enables your sales team to:
- Produce accurate estimates
- Streamline your order-to-cash cycle
- Fulfill perfect orders and ensure high customer satisfaction
Components of the sales management module include:
Estimate and Quote Management – Easily generate and track all customer or prospect requests for quotation (RFQs)—from the time of receipt until an order is placed. Create estimates and get quotes out more quickly with more accurate pricing and lead times with a wide range of powerful tools.
- Generate accurate and timely estimates and quotes
- Import data from a variety of customer and system sources
- Check inventory availability during quote entry
- Manage the sales cycle with dynamic task lists that ensure the right people are working on the quote at the right time
- Automatically cross reference customer part numbers to your part numbers during the quoting process
Order Management – Order Management drives the Epicor system. From the time an order is entered, its progress is tracked through final shipment—producing perfect order fulfillment on demand for maximum customer satisfaction.
- With the Order Job Wizard, generate appropriate jobs for new orders in a single step
- Check customer credit status online at quote entry, order entry, and shipment entry
- Using blanket orders, establish multiple releases for each sales order line and pull parts directly from inventory
- Link sales orders, jobs, purchase orders, field service calls, cases, tasks, milestones, and budget information to manage projects
EDI/Demand Management – Entrust EDI/Demand Management secures your competitive edge by incorporating electronic data interchange (EDI) with demand scheduling.
- Get full flexibility and control for setting up customer contracts and handling their schedules in the Epicor ERP system
- Reduce lead time and effort for planning and procurement
- With Demand Management, set up contracts per customer with such agreed-upon parameters as pricing, initial demand schedule, and contract end date
Point of Sale – Epicor Point of Sale (POS) extends the power of your Epicor ERP to a customer-facing sales environment—regardless if you need a single POS station or if you’re a multinational chain.
- Feature-rich system that empowers store personnel to deliver an enhanced customer experience
- Comprehensive functionality includes electronic gift cards, gift receipting, customized receipt per transaction type, coupon redemption/issuance, layaways, special orders, suspend and resume, item marking for various functions, additional input fields, multicurrency, start/end of day functions, cash management, and more.
Epicor Commerce Connect – B2B and B2C eCommerce are the new norm. Epicor Commerce Connect (ECC) provides your buyers and sales channels with a simple online shopping experience that encourages repeat purchases and sets your brand apart.
- Launch an attractive, simple-to-use eCommerce site with your own branding in less time
- Manage only one product database with tight integration into Epicor ERP
- Simplify channel support by letting your partners make payments on accounts, access pricelists, and place quick re-orders
Epicor Customer Connect – Today’s customers want new access to information. Epicor Customer Connect helps you improve customer loyalty and online commerce.
- Special promotions and pricelists
- Enable your customers to make repeat purchases
Startup Growth And Innovation With Advanced Digital Tools At An Affordable Price
Epicor technology is powered by industry-leading innovation and expertise. The software empowers businesses of every size and is modular to fit the needs of a start-ups, no matter their stage of growth. Epicor solutions feature seamless integration with thousands of existing software applications, web-enabled platforms, and fully configurable interfaces and reporting systems.
Utilize the components of Epicor ERP your start-up needs here and now. Add more functionality as you scale, customize the framework to fit your unique business components, and take as much control of your technology as you like with on-premise, cloud, and hybrid deployment options. Mobile solutions can further be utilized to access the system from Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
Epicor ERP for start-ups is designed to be both accessible and affordable for the small business and start-up. Financing, subscription models, and even tax write offs are available for Epicor ERP software purchases.
About Encompass Solutions
Encompass Solutions is a business and software consulting firm that specializes in ERP systems, EDI, and Managed Services support for Manufacturers and Distributors. Serving small and medium-sized businesses since 2001, Encompass modernizes operations and automates processes for hundreds of customers across the globe. Whether undertaking full-scale implementation, integration, and renovation of existing systems, Encompass provides a specialized approach to every client’s needs. By identifying customer requirements and addressing them with the right solutions, we ensure our clients are equipped to match the pace of Industry.