Epicor Altec Update
Based on the communication regarding Altec support policy from December of 2017, you may be aware that we intended to discontinue the support of Altec for the ERP version 10.1.600 and above from November, 1st, 2018. If you have already migrated or signed an Altec migration order form with your Epicor account manager to migrate your solution from Altec to Epicor advance printing (APR) or to APR with DocStar solution, we greatly appreciate that, However, if you are on ERP version 10.1.600 or above and if you have not had a chance to discuss with your Epicor account manager and sign an Altec migration order form yet, we are pleased to inform you that we are extending the Altec support deadline for ERP versions 10.1.600 and above till October, 31st, 2019 to enable you to have some extra time to plan for the Altec migration. In case you did not see the communication from December of 2017, please see the details of the Altec migration program below. For more information on how this extension of Altec support affects your business, contact the experts at Encompass Solutions.
Altec Document Management And Epicor ERP
In January 2017, Epicor acquired DocStar, a leading enterprise content management (ECM) provider. Founded in 1996, DocStar provides collaborative ECM with automated Accounts Payable (AP) solutions to streamline business processes for organizations of any size. DocStar solutions are available either on-premises or as a cloud hosted service in the SaaS (software as a service) model.
DocStar customers gain control over documents, improve retention and increase efficiency with the ability to capture, store and manage any document, from any location, on any device. DocStar’s experience in providing powerful integrations with various ERP solutions, accounting systems or other lines of business applications gives companies an even better return on investment. Deeper business insights empower users to make smart decisions that positively impact the bottom line.
We are encouraging Epicor ERP customers on releases 10.1.600 or 10.2.x, or moving to 10.1.600 or 10.2.x that are also using Altec to migrate to DocStar for a number of reasons:
The DocStar solution is more comprehensive, providing an all browser-based UI, easy-to-use user experience, well-integrated single platform for capturing, storing, retrieving and collaborating with search engine-like document searching, viewing/annotation, scanning, intelligent data capture, version control, security and retention management along with a drag and drop graphical workflow and electronic form designers.
Why DocStar Over Altec For Epicor ERP
- Now that DocStar is part of Epicor, there will continue to be coordinated development and innovation with respect to future Epicor ERP releases for tighter integration between the solutions.
- With DocStar, customers now have the choice between a cloud or on-premises deployment with the same functionality.
- A tighter integration between ERP and ECM solutions is key for a seamless user experience. DocStar and Epicor ERP 10.1.600/10.2.x (and all subsequent versions of Epicor ERP) are tightly integrated for document attachment management functionality (Epicor APR and Epicor APR with DocStar to store/retrieve documents from Epicor ERP). DocStar AP automation processes invoice through the DocStar workflow to validate and match against Epicor ERP 10.1.600/10.2.x data in real time and raise exceptions when needed before automatically creating invoice records in ERP 10.1.600/10.2.x. Using DocStar workflows, electronic forms, and scanning, various other processes within your organization can be streamlined and automated to continue to expand the usage of the DocStar solution suite.
- DocStar is Epicor’s only go-forward integrated ECM and AP automation suite for Epicor ERP.
Altec To DocStar Migration FAQ
DocStar, Altec, And APM Document Management In Epicor ERP
About Encompass Solutions
Encompass Solutions, Inc. is an ERP consulting firm, NetSuite Solution Provider and Epicor Gold Partner that offers professional services in business consulting, project management, and software implementation. Whether undertaking full-scale implementation, integration, and renovation of existing systems or addressing the emerging challenges in corporate and operational growth, Encompass provides a specialized approach to every client’s needs. As experts in identifying customer requirements and addressing them with the right solutions, we ensure our clients are equipped to match the pace of Industry.
- 8 Benefits of Quality Management | White Paper | Epicor Kinetic - March 8, 2022
- Epicor Kinetic Announces 1,000th Cloud Customer Milestone - February 14, 2022
- Epicor Financial Planner Product Release January 25, 2022 - January 25, 2022