In Electronic Document Interchange (EDI), an EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice serves as a shipment confirmation. It is sent from the warehouse to a shipping partner that a shipment has taken place.
An EDI 945 Shipment Advice is deployed from the warehouse following a successfully completed EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Order. An 856 Advance Ship Notice and an 810 Invoice are also associated with the EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice. The two are provided to the recipient after the supplier has reconciled the quantity shipped against the order quantity.
EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice Format
EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice Key Data
Information provided in an EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice will typically include:
- Supplier information
- Time of shipment departure
- Ship-to information
- Ship-from information
- Carrier details and shipping method
- Item numbers, quantities, and descriptions
EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice Benefits
EDI 945 offers plenty of benefits to both the purchaser and the supplier. When implementing electronic warehouse shipping orders, benefits can include:
- Better visibility into shipping details for buyers, sellers, and warehouses
- Reduction in manual entry of data, resulting in ease for buyers, sellers, and warehouses
- Automation of information dissemination streamlines processes and improves efficiency
- Automation of reconciliation procedures reduces order and shipment inaccuracies
For more information on Encompass Solutions’ EDI offerings, read more about our Rapid EDI Implementation.
About Encompass Solutions
Encompass Solutions is a business and software consulting firm that specializes in ERP systems, EDI, and Managed Services support for Manufacturers and Distributors. Serving small and medium-sized businesses since 2001, Encompass modernizes operations and automates processes for hundreds of customers across the globe. Whether undertaking full-scale implementation, integration, and renovation of existing systems, Encompass provides a specialized approach to every client’s needs. By identifying customer requirements and addressing them with the right solutions, we ensure our clients are equipped to match the pace of Industry.
- Epicor® 2020 Global Growth Index – Report – Epicor ERP - February 26, 2021
- 2019 Innovations in Global Cloud ERP Suites – Report – Epicor ERP - February 23, 2021
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Manufacturing 2021 Predictions – Report – Epicor ERP - February 18, 2021